CI: Building a Flutter App on Travis️
10 November 2019
One of the first things when starting a new flutter project for me is making sure it is easy to actually deliver it. Especially for open source projects this is has some challenges on a public CI/CD like travis or cirrus ci.
The things to consider when building a typical flutter app for android.
- Blackbox: Manage Secrets which might include:
- Upload or signing keys.
- Secret API Keys for services used in the app (like Google Analytics, etc.).
- Provisioning Profiles or similar.
- Install all app dependencies on the CI.
- Android SDK
- Synchronize build numbers between build servers and branches.
Blackbox are a collection of scripts based on GPG to store secrets inside public git repositories.